Various methods to manage and/or convert data from time to depth domain are proposed in this module such as interactive seismic-well tie with a comprehensive method, intuitive logs depth adjustment and real time seismic depth stretching. This process is involved in many applications for reservoir characterization and velocity modeling.
Tying wells and seismic information is a key step to relate data between the time and depth domain. The seismic-well tie tool is simple and interactive, including all the required processes for sonic calibration, wavelet extraction and synthetic seismogram generation. Time shift, stretch and squeeze can be applied in real time with useful editing options to perform a quick and precise calibration. Moreover, synthetic seismic volumes can be computed in real time thanks to the geological time model and multi-well constraints.
- Deterministic and statistical wavelet extractions
- Checkshot and sonic calibration
- Manage deviated wells
- Interactive synthetic seismograms computation according to wavelet
- Synchronized logs and seismic views
- Bulk shift and stretch/squeeze with undo/redo
- Interval velocity, drift velocity and correlation logs
- Comparison with stratigraphic markers and horizons
- Real time preview of synthetic, acoustic impedance and velocity volumes
Seismic image can be stretched in real time from time to depth domain by assigning velocity models. Interpretation can be done in both domains interactively because the display of all objects are transformed within the viewer. This tool proposes various domains of application to check velocity cubes, seismic-well tie and also save horizons and volumes in the depth domain.
- Real time depth stretching of volumes and objects
- Check well calibration
- Control velocity volumes
- Save horizons and volumes in depth domain
Build interactively a velocity model by defining intervals from the RGT model and convert the seismic in depth instantaneously. Various methods to compute velocity values are proposed: constant, linear or the wells. The depth conversion in real time allows adjusting the velocity model accordingly.
- Define interactively velocity model
- Real time depth conversion
- Various methods: constant, linear or from the wells
- Adjust velocities by checking the values in depth
Log Depth Adjustment
This tool provides an intuitive and quick way to adjust log data with seismic in depth domain. A simple shift or stretch and squeeze processes can be applied to well logs in order to honor well markers and horizons from seismic interpretation depths.
- Log stretch and squeeze in depth
- Adjust depth values with undo/redo
- Honor well markers and seismic interpretation
- Check velocity models